SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reflex suppressors?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:42 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Can anyone explain this type of suppressor? I see they recommend one to suppress an Aug, but I haven't ever seen/heard of any for sale here in the US. I was reading a small article on them, and they said that cleaning them is not advisable more then blowing compressed air through them. I have heard that the Aug is a hard weapon to suppress, and I was curious if this type was specifically designed around the Aug. Thanks for any info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

I doubt it surpresses an AUG better than anything else. The reflex design goes back over the barrel and so saves on length. I have never shot one but read a lot. Looking at the design I predict lots of first round pop and good results with subsonic ammo.

The short answer is -- it was designed to be very inexpensive and work pretty well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:00 am 
Silent But Deadly

Hi,
take a look at:

http://www.canadiantactical.ca/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:30 am 
Elite Member

What in the world is that rifle being aimed by the guy on that website? It looks like the most tactical weapon ever. Canada must have the safest malls in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:08 am 
Silent But Deadly

Hi,
it's made by the german company AMP. It is called DSR #1
http://www.amp-ts.com/products/dsr_allgm.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:57 am 
Site Admin

It is a really nice rifle. Almost too nice.

Post subject: Re: Reflex suppressors?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:29 am 
Silent But Deadly

Location: Western MA, Greenville SC, High Point NC, Albuquerque NM
The closest thing besides a US produced reflex (under license) to a reflex you are going ot get is the Troy suppressor.
Reflex is nice because it puts the suppressor over the barrel and makes for a shorter (OAL of the gun) system.
The other "cool" thing is it looks great in movies when they take the sniper rifle out of the case and "build it up".

The "REAL" reason the Reflex is said to be "great" with the AUG is that it was fully designed around the and to use the flash suppressor of the gun to act as the mounting system. It actually mates to the POS M13 x 1 female thread inside the flash suppressor.

joshuap wrote:
Can anyone explain this type of suppressor? I see they recommend one to suppress an Aug, but I haven't ever seen/heard of any for sale here in the US. I was reading a small article on them, and they said that cleaning them is not advisable more then blowing compressed air through them. I have heard that the Aug is a hard weapon to suppress, and I was curious if this type was specifically designed around the Aug. Thanks for any info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:29 pm 
Silent But Deadly

The Reflex Suppressor is a very effective design for the low-tech baffles that are actually inside it. What we found is that the Reflex cans are quite light, incredibly strong and do not upset the balance of the weapon. They are quiet enough and have a very distinct sound signature.

There are two versions of the Reflex, one that is thread mounted and another that mounts to the issue flash-hider with a QD like mounting system.

Al Paulson loves the Reflex design. Who wants to argue with him? :shock:

These cans can be imported into the US. Contact Rob at cantac@canadiantactical.ca for more info on how to do this.

The rifle on the Cantac main page is a DSR in .308. He also has a .338 barrel for it. The rifle is very accurate, very expensive and very heavy. But it is also very cool. 8)